Welcome to the Family Initiative Coordination Services Project
The purpose of the Family Initiative Coordination Services Project is to facilitate, support, and develop parent involvement at all levels of the Early Intervention Program.
The Family Initiative Coordination Services Project is responsible for implementing a variety of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Collaborating with the Department of Health.
- Assisting with activities related to the Early Intervention Coordinating Council (EICC).
- Participating in ad hoc early intervention activities.
- Participating in relevant national conferences.
- Developing family-friendly materials that complement Department-issued Early Intervention Program policy guidance.
- Planning and delivering the Early Intervention Partners Training Project for parents.
- Providing information for parents at the NYSDOH Bureau of Early Intervention Web page.
For more information please call (631) 205-0502
Early Intervention Partners Training Project
The NYS Department of Health's Bureau of Early Intervention and the Family Initiative Coordination Services Project at Just Kids are sponsoring an Early Intervention Partners Training Project in the Northeast Region of NYS this spring. The Early Intervention Partners Training Project is for parents of infants and toddlers with disabilities currently receiving early intervention services. Parents of children with disabilities serving on Local Early Intervention Coordinating Councils (LEICCs) are also eligible to apply.
These training sessions will help parents gain a better understanding of the Early Intervention Program. Parents who are accepted to attend will receive information about:
- Early intervention laws and regulations
- Individualized Family Service Plan development
- Family assessment
- Natural environments
- Record keeping and confidentiality
- Clinical practice guidelines
- Parent rights
- Leadership roles
- Parent Advocacy Skills
Please see the invitation and application below for further information. You may also apply online using the 'Apply Now' link.